Tuesday, March 16

Diary of A Grocery Shopper

All in a day's shopping. Let me rephrase: All in a day's GROCERY shopping. I was not a big fan of grocery shopping back in Malaysia. I had always thought the supermarket is too boring and I just go there to get junk food. Market is a definite no-no while wet market... don't even mention that place to me. I had the luxury of placing orders for my home cooked lunch/dinner. I'm also a big fan of eating out at restaurants. Got criticized a lot for doing so. However, that is DEFINITELY not the case when you study abroad (especially in UK when you tend to convert every single pence that you spend!).


Tempted by the label: Made From British Blackcurrants.


The colour is less dense than Malaysia's. Definitely lower amount of sugar too!

I set the interval for my food stock to be around 3-4 weeks because the supermarket is simply too far. My grocery shopping route:

Worsley Building in University -> Free city bus to market -> Walk to Chinese supermarket -> Walk to Morrisons (local supermarket).

Sometimes when the grocery from market are too heavy, we'd take the free city bus straight to Morrisons and then some would walk to the Chinese supermarket from there. The time spent on the whole trip is usually, 3 hours.

Call me the crazy grocery shopper. (2 persons share)

Afterward, we would call for a cab. The cab driver, 70% of the time will be awed by what we bought. Indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment